Warning: Illegal string offset 'filter' in /homepages/5/d759820617/htdocs/backup/clickandbuilds/Betterhiring/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 1408
79% of working professionals around the world are considered passive candidates. The other 21% are actively seeking a new job. In which group do you think the better talent is?
LinkedIn‘s research shows that on balance, passive candidates care disproportionately more or less about certain factors than their actively job-seeking counterparts. Through that research, five factors stand out as major points of differentiation. These factors have a bearing on how you might approach passive candidates.
Passive vs active candidates takeaways:
- Passive talent are 120% more likely to want to make an impact
- 56% are more likely to want a corporate culture that fits to their personality
- Passive candidates are 33% more likely to want challenging work
- Passive talent is also less needy, 17% less likely to need skill development and 21% less likely to need recognition
3 tips to passive talent recruitment success:
- Leverage your entire team to find the right talent. Good employees know good people who could be a strong culture fit.
- Start the conversation right by being targeted and personal. Emphasize impact over skill-laden job descriptions.
- Listen. Invite candidates to talk about themselves, uncover their needs and motivations, and keep detailed notes at every touch point.