Avoid These Top 10 Job Interview Mistakes [INFOGRAPHIC]
Some interview mistakes are common sense, but some mistakes aren’t always obvious.
Treat this Independence University infographic as a refreshing recap of the interview essentials, such as: not lying during an interview, showing enthusiasm for the job you’re interviewing for, and don’t fumble your answers.
I’m not trying to tell you how to live your life, but hey, you should consider this advice.
- Stay alert, make sure your posture is good and that you keep eye contact with the interviewer.
- Tempting as it may be to wear your new gloss-white tracksuit, don’t turn up to your interview casual. You don’t need to go overboard, but dress to impress. Smart casual wins everything forever.
- Talk the right amount is vital. You want to convey you’re able to work with the interviewer, so it’s the delicate balance of speaking just the right amount.
- Keep enthusiastic and positive about the job.
- Don’t use your phone in an interview. Ever.